Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain on Me

Isaiah 45:8 says "You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. 
       Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness grow with it; 
       I, the LORD, have created it."

Rain on Me, Jesus
by Amber Kimball

Walking a tightrope, not knowing where I'm headed,
Facing circumstances of the heart that I want to let go.
Hopes and dreams I once had, now appear shredded
And the pain I feel in my heart, I don't want to show.

As I waiver and I shake, I fear the fall below me.
Challenging winds and distractions pull me down.
Chains grip my heart though I long to be free,
No one can see it, pain surrounds me like a gown.

Bring me Your peace, Lord, show me your heart.
As I look inside myself I see only sadness
Reminders surround me and pierce like a dart.
Refusing to grieve can cause inevitable madness.

You set me apart when I accepted Your Son;
Is it Your will that I heal and use this to lead?
I have been given life, the sacrifice is done.
Am I living out my days as the soul that you freed?

I cherish the boys that right now I can't hold.
Josiah and Cadyn in my heart you are dear.
You were spared from the pain to walk streets of gold.
Rain on me Jesus, make my path to you clear.

Oh how I long to know all my kids and hold them and watch them as they grow.  Yet God took the boys before they took a breath.  He spared them the trials, the struggles, the pain.  He is the rightful owner, yet I tighten my grasp and hope I can hold out til the Day of our Savior comes to fruition.  Spare me the pain and if you can't, Lord help me endure the emptiness I feel as I work out my life and desire peace above understanding.

1 comment: