Friday, April 17, 2009

Cadyn Elijah

I don't know what God is doing, but I have to trust that what He is doing is good. I wrote this in the early hours of the morning, hoping to hear God speak to me about my heartache and pain...



Cadyn, My Angel

To my baby whom I carried
Yet I never saw your eyes.
Or show you all my love for you
Not even got to soothe your cries.

Our sweet Cadyn, we will not forget
The excitement we felt for you to come
Not holding you and cuddling I do miss
My heart feels broken, my soul numb.

Cadyn my angel, you are
Cadyn my angel, you'll always be.
Forever I will hold you in my heart
One day I will hold you in eternity.

1 comment:

  1. These poems are so beautiful. And so moving. One thing is certain--Cadyn and Josiah were loved and I'm sure they felt that even in the womb.

    Oh how I will be praying for you and that you will receive comfort from the Holy Spirit! Your faith is strong even when you feel you are weak. God will not let this heartache be wasted.

    I remember holding onto these verses:

    "O my soul, don't be discouraged. Don't be upset. Expect God to act!
    For I know that I shall again have plenty of reason to praise him for all that he will do. He is my help! He is my God!...
    O my soul, why be so gloomy and discouraged? Trust in God!...He will make me smile again." (Psalms 42: 11, 43:5)

    He will make you smile again.

    Love,
    Joye

    ReplyDelete